We are delighted with the response so far for this years Dundalk Simon Sleep Out, but please, every volunteer counts so if you can participate individually or as part of a team we would really appreciate the support. For more details please feel free to contact us at 042-9339583. We have sponsorship cards ready to go and they can be collected in Seatown house.
We are delighted that the Town centre manager Martin is going to provide a tent/marquee on the night of the sleepout.
We are also fortunate that many local bars let us use their toilet facilities, along with the nearby public toilets at St Patricks car park on the night.
Some suggestions for people sleeping out:
- Positive attitude as it is for 1 night only (& it is nearly Christmas after all!)
- Wet gear in case of heavy rain, An umbrella goes a long way just in case!
- Warm clothes/coat, hats, gloves, scarfs.
- Change of shoes/socks.
- Hot drink, Flask of tea/ coffee. (local restaurants are very good on the night but please remember to take your own also!)
- Snacks, energy bars, crisps etc.
- Moisture your skin well, (cold air will crack the skin so some moisturizer and lip balm can go a long way!).
- Something to past the time. Books are a good option, or even cards/games to play with fellow volunteers.
- Camping chair or a sleeping bag.
The event is always a great night while highlighting a very real condition that many Irish people, unfortunately, find themselves in these days. So please, if you can participate or help in any way please get in touch!